What's On in April 2021 - National Careers Service
Upcoming virtual group workshops in April - Book your free place now!
National Career Service - 29/03/2021
National Careers Service are offering a wide range of virtual workshops to support you on your journey into employment.
To book yourself onto a one-to-one appointment or group workshop, please call the National Careers Service Booking Line on 0191 731 4750 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming workshops in April:
18+ Now What?
Wednesday, 14th April 1.30pm
• To provide information about the local labour market and how this can help with planning next steps.
• To make customers aware of the options open to them including education, training, apprenticeships, Kickstart, traineeships, work experience, voluntary work, and employment
• Hints and tips to improve their employability skills including CV, application forms and interview skills.
• Apprenticeship myth busting.
Creating a Winning CV
Tuesdays, 6th & 20thApril 10.30am
• To give customers the confidence to build, update and tailor their own CV.
• Understand how to identify and promote their own skills and experiences to apply for jobs.
• How to handle gaps in employment history and avoiding potential discrimination.
• Understand what employers are looking for when screening CVs from job applicants.
Civil Service Application Forms Workshop
Tuesday 13th & Thurs 22nd April 10.30am
• Gain an understanding of the types of roles and where to look for them.
• Understand how to identify your transferable skills.
• Introduction to success profiles.
• Prepare for the application form process using tips and techniques.
Digital & Social Media
Friday 23rd April 10.30am
• Understand how to use social media in career progression and job searching.
• How to use social media to build a professional network.
• Staying safe online.
Executive and Professional
Wednesday 14th April 10am
• Understand what employers are looking for.
• Identify your strengths.
• Labour market information and job searching tips.
CV and interview skills tips and techniques.
Graduate Job Searching Workshop
Friday, 16th April 10.30am
• Consider what career area customers can go into with their degree and understand the graduate labour market.
• Understand what skills and transferable skills customers have.
• How to look for vacancies, using different methods, including social media.
• Gain hints and tips on job searching including application forms, CVs, and interviews.
Interview Skills Workshop
Tuesday 13th & 27th April 1pm
• Recognise different types of interview you may encounter, including virtual interviews.
• Understand what the employers looks for in an interview.
• Recognise the value of the STAR/CAR technique
• Understand the importance of making the right first impression
New Directions – Your Pathway Out of Lockdown
Wednesday 28th April 10am
• Assess and understand your current needs, motivations and plans for the future.
• Recognise the skills you already have.
• Explore how you can transfer your skills to other sectors or careers.
• Learn about other support agencies and career management tools.
Preparing for Employment Workshop
Tuesday 27th April 10.30am
• Understanding what employers are looking for.
• How to prepare customers for effective job searching and identifying useful sites.
• How to identify strengths and transferable skills to strengthen a CV.
• Provide hints and tips on how to complete successful application forms and interviews using the STAR process.