Leap into Kickstart
Wednesday, 9th June 1pm
• Understand the Kickstart Scheme and its benefits.
• Increase your knowledge of what skills employers are looking for.
• Identify your own strengths and transferable skills.
• Strengthen your CV/application form and employability skills.
• Prepare you for interview.
Creating a Winning CV
Tuesdays, 1st, 15th & 29th June 10.30am
• To give customers the confidence to build, update and tailor their own CV.
• Understand how to identify and promote their own skills and experiences to apply for jobs.
• How to handle gaps in employment history and avoiding potential discrimination.
• Understand what employers are looking for when screening CVs from job applicants
Application Forms Workshop
Thursday 10th & Thurs 24th June 1pm
• To enable customers to feel confident in completing application forms.
• Customers will feel able to deconstruct job descriptions/ person specifications and understand what is required.
• Customers receive hints and tips on how to complete successful application forms, in particular for employers such as Civil Service and NHS.
Digital & Social Media
Friday 18th June 10.30am
• Understand how to use social media in career progression and job searching.
• How to use social media to build a professional network.
• Staying safe online.
Executive and Professional
Thursday 17th June 10.30am
• Understand what employers are looking for.
• Identify your strengths.
• Labour market information and job searching tips.
CV and interview skills tips and techniques.
Graduate Job Searching Workshop
Friday, 11th June 10.30am
• Consider what career area customers can go into with their degree and understand the graduate labour market.
• Understand what skills and transferable skills customers have.
• How to look for vacancies, using different methods, including social media.
• Gain hints and tips on job searching including application forms, CVs, and interviews.
Interview Skills Workshop
Tuesday 8th & 22nd June 1pm
• Recognise different types of interview you may encounter, including virtual interviews.
• Understand what the employers looks for in an interview.
• Recognise the value of the STAR/CAR technique
Understand the importance of making the right first impression.
New Directions – Your Pathway Out of Lockdown
Thursday 24th June 10.30am
• Assess and understand your current needs, motivations and plans for the future.
• Recognise the skills you already have.
• Explore how you can transfer your skills to other sectors or careers.
• Learn about other support agencies and career management tools.
Preparing for Employment Workshop
Tuesday 22nd June 10.30am
• Understanding what employers are looking for.
• How to prepare customers for effective job searching and identifying useful sites.
• How to identify strengths and transferable skills to strengthen a CV.
• Provide hints and tips on how to complete successful application forms and interviews using the STAR process.