What's On in March 2021 - National Careers Service
Upcoming Group Workshops in March
National Career Service - 09/03/2021
National Careers Service are offering a wide range of virtual workshops to support you on your journey into employment
To book Yourself onto a one-to-one appointment or group workshop, please call the National Careers Service Booking Line on 0191 731 4750 or email: email@example.com
Upcoming Workshops in March:
(Thursday, 11th March 10.30am)
• The different types of apprenticeships that are available, eligibility and at what levels.
• How apprenticeships can help and what they can offer you with regards to career prospects and qualifications.
• Guide / overview on how to register on apprenticeship website.
• Apprenticeship myth busting.
• Locations for different types of apprenticeships, which apprenticeships are currently being recruited for within the current labour market.
Creating a Winning CV
(Tuesdays 23rd March 10.30 am)
• To give customers the confidence to build, update and tailor their own CV.
• Understand how to identify and promote their own skills and experiences to apply for jobs.
• How to handle gaps in employment history and avoiding potential discrimination.
• Understand what employers are looking for when screening CVs from job applicants.
Civil Service Workshop
(Thursday 25th March 10.30am)
• Gain an understanding of the types of roles and where to look for them.
• Prepare for the application and interview stages using tips and techniques.
• Introduction to success profiles.
Digital & Social Media
(Friday, 12th & 26th March 10am)
• Understand how to use social media in career progression and job searching.
• How to use social media to build a professional network.
• Staying safe online.
Executive and Professional
(Thursday, 18th March 10am)
• Understand what employers are looking for.
• Identify your strengths.
• Labour market information and job searching tips.
• CV and interview skills tips and techniques.