National Careers Service are offering a wide range of virtual workshops to support you on your journey into employment.
To book yourself onto a one-to-one appointment or group workshop, please call the National Careers Service Booking Line on 0191 731 4750 or email: email@example.com
All workshops will be via Zoom unless stated, customers will need access to a Wi-Fi enabled device. A guide on how to access Zoom will be emailed to
all participants prior to the workshop.
To refer customers, for one-to-ones or Workshops contact the Booking Line on
0191 731 4750 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with customer name, date of birth, telephone number and email address.
All one-to-ones are carried out via a telephone appointment at a time suitable to the customer.
Every one-to-one appointment is customer centred. We provide customers with free, impartial careers advice and guidance to help them progress towards their goals.
Some of the support offered includes:
• Exploring career options.
• Discussing overcoming barriers to employment.
• Information on training and learning opportunities.
• Support with Redundancy (Training requests through DWP Rapid Redundancy Support)
• Support with CVs and Job Searching.
• Interview Techniques/Mock interviews plus much more.
18+ Now What?
Wednesday, 12th May 1pm
• To provide information about the local labour market and how this can help with planning next steps.
• To make customers aware of the options open to them including education, training, apprenticeships, Kickstart, traineeships, work experience, voluntary work, and employment
• Hints and tips to improve their employability skills including CV, application forms and interview skills.
• Apprenticeship myth busting.
Creating a Winning CV
Tuesdays, 4th & 18th May 10.30am
• To give customers the confidence to build, update and tailor their own CV. #
• Understand how to identify and promote their own skills and experiences to apply for jobs.
• How to handle gaps in employment history and avoiding potential discrimination.
• Understand what employers are looking for when screening CVs from job applicants.
Civil Service Application Forms Workshop
Thursday 13th & Thurs 27th May 1pm
• Gain an understanding of the types of roles and where to look for them.
• Understand how to identify your transferable skills.
• Introduction to success profiles.
• Prepare for the application form process using tips and techniques.
Digital & Social Media
Friday 21st May 10.30am
• Understand how to use social media in career progression and job searching.
• How to use social media to build a professional network.
• Staying safe online
Executive and Professional
Thursday 20th May 10.30am
• Understand what employers are looking for.
• Identify your strengths.
• Labour market information and job searching tips.
CV and interview skills tips and techniques.
Graduate Job Searching
Friday, 14th May 10.30am
• Consider what career area
customers can go into with
their degree and understand
the graduate labour market.
• Understand what skills and
transferable skills customers
• How to look for vacancies,
using different methods,
including social media.
• Gain hints and tips on job
Hospitality and Customer
Wed 26th May 1pm
• The types of roles in
hospitality and customer
• Different routes into
including future progression.
• Skills and qualities required
to work in
• Information on current local
training and employment
opportunities and support to
apply for them.
• Help to tailor effective
Interview Skills Workshop
Tuesday 11th & 25th May 1pm
• Recognise different types of
interview you may encounter,
including virtual interviews.
• Understand what the
employers looks for in an
• Recognise the value of the
Understand the importance
of making the right first
New Directions – Your Pathway
Out of Lockdown
Thursday 27th May 10.30am
• Assess and understand your
current needs, motivations
and plans for the future.
• Recognise the skills you
• Explore how you can transfer
your skills to other sectors or
• Learn about other support
agencies and career
Preparing for Employment
Tuesday 25th May 10.30am
• Understanding what
employers are looking for.
• How to prepare customers
for effective job searching
and identifying useful sites.
• How to identify strengths and
transferable skills to
strengthen a CV.
• Provide hints and tips on how
to complete successful
application forms and
interviews using the STAR